Sunday, March 20, 2011

Things we love about JR: Sleeping Positions

I have always been a stomach sleeper for the most part and when I was pregnant with JR I slept on my stomach until about seven and a half months until I really couldn't stand it any more.

When we first brought JR home from the hospital he really wouldn't sleep except for in my arms or on the bed with me. Jared worked nights at that point so he wasn't really around to get up every two hours or less to help with Mr. I refuse to sleep.

Finally one day when my mom was babysitting him (I think he was about three or four months old) he fell asleep on her and she laid him down on his tummy and he slept for a miraculous four hours or so!

As it turns out, JR is just a stomach sleeper like mommy! I don't care what anyone says about how you should or should not position your baby when they sleep, do what works for you! For JR, he sleeps on his tummy and without crib bumpers he would be getting stuck all the time.

I love when I come into his room and he is sleeping, too bad I couldn't catch my favorite position on camera, the "on my stomach, head face down, arms to the side, rear end up in the air with knees tucked under" position.





And the best part is that no matter how he sleeps his hair always ends up like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment