Thursday, March 17, 2011

Carmel

My family dog growing up had to be put down last week. Her name was Carmel and she would have been 13 in April. She was the best dog EVER!


Some of my favorite Carmel memories are:
1. When she was a puppy she used to go down this slide on the side of our deck to get from one level of the yard to another.
2. She liked to bite at bubbles.
3. She always had bad gas!
4. She was crazy for her tennis ball and would spend hours chasing it or walk to the park and interrupt the people playing tennis or she would simply play alone by putting the ball on the trampoline and then bouncing it off from underneath with her nose.
5. My dad bailed her out of jail more than once and spent more money for her to have surgery than you would ever believe.
6. She always knew when mom was getting ready to go camping in Grand Jean and would follow her around and I think even once she got in the car and refused to get out.
7. How once we lost her on a walk in Grand Jean and I thought there was no better place for you to get lost and die Carmel than up there because you loved it there.
8. She would fish for gigantic rocks in the river. She would walk out, put her head under water for the longest time and then pop up with a huge rock and bring it to shore where she would strategically place it somewhere before going after another. We think she was trying to build "Doghenge" or something.
9. Carmel's best friend for a long time was a little chiuaua named Pixie. They would always cuddle up together and take naps.

Carmel, if they let you read my blog in Heaven I want you to know how much I love you, how much I miss you, and even though I was happy to be there in the last moments of your life I was so sad to say goodbye. Please come greet me when I get to the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment