Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Q&A

I came across this Christmas survey on the blog Welcome to Heardmont, and she came across it from another blog, and that person from someone else's blog, etc...I thought it would be fun to talk about our Christmas traditions that we have slowly been creating as a result of Jared and I combining traditions from our childhoods and also to show how we decorated for Christmas this year.




1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
I hate egg nog but Jared loves it. JR of course loves chocolate milk but the jury is still out on the nog since he has never had it!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
He sets them out around the tree, at least for JR. When we were growing up Santa would give each of the kids a  section of the couch and put gifts next to each stocking

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I like white lights and a uniform tree. Maybe someday when we have more space like maybe a family room we will do a second tree with colored lights and sentimental ornaments, which is the type of tree Jared would actually prefer.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No, but we do have three gold "prickly balls" which I usually hang in a doorway or something and we pretend it is mistletoe.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
I am usually ready right after Halloween! But since I think Thanksgiving is so important to really celebrate I wait until the day after. This year most decorations did not go up until December 5th!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
I love green bean casserole and a traditional turkey and mashed potatoes dinner. Yum!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
I loved watching the 24 hour marathon of A Christmas Story on Christmas Eve/Christmas day and of course opening presents, eating our sugared cereal for breakfast (we only got sugared cereal on Christmas and birthdays which is lame because there were always other treats and gallons of ice cream readily available year round in the house) and then going out to Homedale to spend the rest of the day with my grandparents and family! 

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember exactly, but I have a feeling my cousins and brother might have had something to do with it.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Growing up we always did. Not sure what we will do as JR gets older. 
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
I have a zillion beautiful glass ornaments that I bought on clearance like the day or two after Christmas our first two years of marriage. The are purple and red and I actually did not set up the actual big tree the past couple of years because I was worried about JR breaking them. He has done pretty well so far this year though.

11. Snow! love it or dread it?
I have mixed feelings about snow. It has not snowed here in Boise yet and I am really missing it! As soon as I have to drive in it I will be hatin' though! Mark my words! 
12. Can you ice skate?
No. If I went ice skating I would be shuffling along, holding onto the side I am sure.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I remember we got a trampoline from Santa one year and my parents told us something like he must have lowered it on pulleys from his sleigh into the backyard. I totally believed them.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Being surrounded by my family and celebrating the birth of Jesus! 

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
My mom has always made a chocolate pie based with cream cheese that I LOVE. 
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
It actually starts around the week of Thanksgiving when we go to the Boise Festival of Trees. Jared proposed to me there and it is so special to always have that event to go back too.
17. What tops your tree?
Nothing right now because there are only a few inches between the top and the ceiling! 

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
Hands down I love gift giving, especially when you find the perfect gift for someone. I just love it!
19. Candy canes: yuck or yum?
YUM! 
20. Favorite christmas movie?
I used to say A Christmas Story but being around my husbands family I have to say that I just LOVE Christmas Vacation! I watch it year round! I seriously love all Christmas movies though. I like the ones from my childhood like Home Alone and The Santa Clause and those types.
21. Saddest christmas song?
Christmas Shoes
22. What is your favorite christmas song?
O Holy Night!
So that is what the Loveland Family is up to this Christmas. I will leave you with some images I got from and impromptu photo shoot in front of the tree with JR!


Taking a drink to refresh himself from all this hard work posing...

Now for the fake smiles he gives when I say "cheese"...









No comments:

Post a Comment